Sunday 1 June 2008

Today's Activities

Well, it's June so summer should be starting soon and I'll be less inclined to spend balmy summer evenings in front of PC; but for now it's a Sunday so I'm at home and can casually go through my inbox.

There are four new program added to the directory today which is slightly less than average but OK for a Sunday.

Drug Delivery - A Canadian site selling medicines, mostly to Americans as medicine in the US is vastly overpriced as anyone who has seen Sicko can testify.

Traffic Secrets Manifesto - An E-book on how to get great traffic to your website. I must get one of these one day when I have enough time to read it properly.

E-Junkie - A new Shopping cart / e-commerce provider that support affiliates on its merchants like an affiliate network.

The Most Complete Recipe Collection - An E-books collection of thousands of recipes.

My main job on Global Affiliate Programs at the moment is updating my accounts with the merchants. You see I moved house in March and need to notify all the accounts for all the programs of which I'm a member.

The big networks were easy but now I'm down to going through all the programs one by one and updating with my new address. Sounds simple doesn't it. Until you realise I have 3,496 entries in the directory. As of today I have 565 still to update. I'm going through in Alphabetical order and that is the way they're listed in my database. I'm at 'H'.

The thing about doing this is it can teach you four things.

One - Some sites have gone and no-one notified the affiliates so I have dead links. This is really annoying but is easily fixed. I just delete the program from the directory

Two - Some programs have ended and nobody has notified the affiliates so I'm sending them links and traffic but there's no program for visitors to join. Again annoying but fixed by deletion.

Three - Some merchants have improved their banners so I can make the entry more appealing. Well in my opinion anyway.

Four - sometimes a find that a program I'd joined and forgotten about has had a number of referred affiliates join it and I have a small balance owed to me that I didn't know about. All good for the soul.

After I've finished that I'll do a manual check of those that are left to make sure all the programs are still as advertised.

Then I'll see about moving programs up the pages. By that I mean making sure each page within each category has no more than 30 program on it. Sometimes I move programs to pages nearer the front; sometimes they get moved further back. It's all about balance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A big thank you for this very clear section !! Beautiful day
voyance gratuite par email

hgjtohn said...

Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

vrai voyance gratuite mail

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your posts as I learn a lot from them. I also broaden my thinking as far as what I can use and do with things.
voyance gratuite en ligne